Please note – due to Health and Safety reasons all items offered for donation must be new, near new or gently used. Appliances must be fully functional and clean with no broken parts.
Charities insist on the following:
GIVIT does not have access to transport, and does not undertake ‘house clearances’ – items must be listed separately.
We cannot list food items that are within 3 months of the use by date e.g. baby food, non-perishable items.
1. Before listing your donation, please check that it has not already been requested by a charity here.
2. GIVIT DOES NOT COLLECT OR TRANSPORT ITEMS
The charity will arrange this with you. You will be asked to choose whether you prefer to drop off or post your item, or you may request the charity to pick it up. Or you can pick all 3!
Meanwhile, if you should find another home for your item, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can remove your donation.
3. Please provide as much information about your item as possible by using the long description box if necessary.
a. Bed linen/curtains – indicate size and colour
b. Kitchen items (crockery, cutlery, pots & pans) – indicate quantity and size
c. Whitegoods – indicate size and specific type e.g. 7kg front loading washing machine and age
d. Clothing – size, adult/childrens, male/female, boy/girl, winter/summer
e. Furniture – size e.g. 6 seater dining table & chairs, queen size bed, wall unit dimensions etc
If the item you are donating is imperfect, please be specific and indicate this clearly in the notes/comments box e.g. “small pen mark on side of lounge” or “10 cm scratch on fridge door”.
4. Please agree to ‘hold’ your item for as long as you can. This increases the chances of it being directly needed. When the indicated time is up, the item will automatically be removed from our Virtual Warehouse.
In times of disaster we ask that you ‘hold’ items for a minimum of 3 months as disaster recovery is a long process and specific need is usually identified over many months after the initial clean up stage.
5. If you would like to give something but do not have any items at home, please consider purchasing an item online and getting it delivered to the charity. This will enable you to fulfill a specific need in a disaster area.
Alternatively you may elect to donate funds for items. GIVIT’s promise is that 100% of the donated funds for items will be spent to purchase needed items.
As per GIVIT’s Terms of Participation, we do have a Prohibited List of items that may not be donated.
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR GENEROSITY, SUPPORT AND UNDERSTANDING.
IT REALLY IS APPRECIATED.